Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Tres leches

In general, I have a hard time with organization and structure.  So when I find myself turning into a parent who sets a schedule and guidelines for her kid, I'll be the first to tell you I'm more surprised then anyone else. My little one pushes me to my limit daily, yet brings me more joy in life then I ever imagined possible.  
Tonight, she did not want to go to sleep.  She screamed and screamed at me.  Pooped her pants and screamed some more.  I needed her to go to sleep for my own sake.  I wanted to sit on the couch, watch tv, surf the net and maybe blog- you know all important productive things. 
I went in her room with a cup of water for her (because she must be thirsty from all the screaming) and a piece of cake.  Not just any cake. Homemade tres leche cake.  Side note- I very rarely allow her any sugar.  I fed her cake in her room in an attempt to bribe her to go to sleep.  
And you know what- it worked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment