Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Who I might want to be when I grow up

When I am looking at pursuing a new avenue in life I look for mentors.  I find when you are looking to do something it helps to find someone else who has already done it and done it well.  I started day dreaming about famous possible mentors.  People I would like to be when I grow up.  Some of these people may actually be younger in age than me.  Keep in mind, I desire these people's work lives,  not personal lives.  Although my professional life is lacking, my personal life is close to perfect.  I am very blessed with a network of family and friends and of course having my best friend as my Husband.  
Okay here we go.  
Ryan Murphy- Producer, Writer, Director.  Most well known in my opinion for Glee.  How awesome to go to work creating a television show about musicals.  I can't think of a better job and he gets paid really well for it.


Julie Taymor-
Director, producer.  Most recently known for being booted from Spiderman the Musical by Bono and the Edge after pouring her heart and soul into the project for over seven years. I find her to be a creative and brillant woman. 
Tina Fey- I desire the writer/producer part of Tina's career.  I have no desire to be in front of the camera.  She is awesome.  I want to write my own version of Bossypants but it would be more like ShyPants. 
 Gwenyth Paltrow- I like that Gwenyth isn't afraid to try new things.  She dipped her toes into the singing world(which doesn't always work out in her favor in my opinion), wrote a cook book, sends out the weekly GOOP email and of course is a stellar actress in film and television. 

Adam Richman- Eating ridiculous amounts of food, traveling and then writing about it?  Sign me up.  How in the world did he get such a sweet job? I can't Man vs. Food without getting hungry. 
Who might you want to be when you grow up? 



1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes...Adam Richman! I love to eat. :) Thanks for visiting my blog. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete