Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Starting Bikram Yoga

Yoga changed my life.  I am a yogi junky.  Three years ago a friend dragged me to my first Bikram yoga class.  Ninety minutes of yoga in 105 degree heat with humidity.  It was awful.  The longest 90 minutes I could possibly have imagined.  I felt sick and light headed through the entire class.  When we left class, I was mad at her.  How could she possibly enjoy this and who did she think she was dragging me to the class?  The next day she dragged me back begging me to trust her.  She promised it would get better.
The second class was still difficult, but not as bad as the first.  After class I felt energized, happy, and inspired.  Had I just found a form of exercise I enjoyed?
Bikram yoga has changed my life.  I sleep better, it helps control my appetite (aka emotional, binge, overeating), decreases the frequency of migraine headaches and most importantly keeps my depression under control.   I could keep going on and on.  When we consider moving to another city, the first thing I check is if they have a Bikram studio.  If they don't, I'm not going.  It may not be for everybody, but if it could change your life the way it has change mine isn't it worth a chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment