When you are in your 30's and married, you get asked regularly when the kiddos are coming. I've been getting this question more frequently recently. When I reply, "No kiddos," the next question I get is, "What are you waiting for?" In an attempt to actually have an answer to this question, because I know it will be asked again, I've devised a list.
1. I'm still a kiddo...right?
2. I'm still dreaming about what I want to be when I grow up.
3. Trying to get in bikini body shape. (Although I have been attempting this for close to 20 years with little to no success)
4. My yoga practice is at an all time high. I don't want to mess that up.
5. I'm waiting for a big sign.
6. I really enjoy being alone and lazy.
7. Babies are expensive.
8. I am scared.
9. Dentist said I need to get my wisdom teeth out. I should do this before kiddos right?
10.Our closest family members live 3 hours away.
Looking over the list, it does seem like a lame list of reasons. What am I waiting for? Truthfully, I was never one of those girls who dreamed about getting married and having kids. Until I met Husband, I rarely thought about getting married. I dreamed about a life as a career woman staying at work late, eating at fancy restaurants and schmoozing with my fellow, successful friends. Meeting Husband drastically changed my views on life and my life goals. Now I enjoy and dream of a simple life. Having Husband does make me think about having kiddos, but I'm still scared. I see all the joy babies bring to others in my life, and you'd think that would be enough. I guess it is like everything else in life, you don't understand until you go through it yourself. If it happens, it will just have to happen unplanned. I guess my list doesn't do a good job of justifying what I am waiting for...so what am I waiting for?
My adorable nephews.