Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fear of Jumping on the Baby Train

When you are in your 30's and married, you get asked regularly when the kiddos are coming.  I've been getting this question more frequently recently.  When I reply, "No kiddos," the next question I get is, "What are you waiting for?"  In an attempt to actually have an answer to this question, because I know it will be asked again, I've devised a list. 


1. I'm still a kiddo...right?  
2. I'm still dreaming about what I want to be when I grow up.  
3. Trying to get in bikini body shape.  (Although I have been attempting this for close to 20 years with little to no success)
4. My yoga practice is at an all time high.   I don't want to mess that up.
5. I'm waiting for a big sign.
6. I really enjoy being alone and lazy. 
7. Babies are expensive.   
8. I am scared. 
9. Dentist said I need to get my wisdom teeth out.  I should do this before kiddos right?
10.Our closest family members live 3 hours away.  
 
Looking over the list, it does seem like a lame list of reasons.  What am I waiting for? Truthfully, I was never one of those girls who dreamed about getting married and having kids.  Until I met Husband, I rarely thought about getting married.  I dreamed about a life as a career woman staying at work late, eating at fancy restaurants and schmoozing with my fellow, successful friends.  Meeting Husband drastically changed my views on life and my life goals. Now I enjoy and dream of a simple life.  Having Husband does make me think about having kiddos, but I'm still scared.  I see all the joy babies bring to others in my life, and you'd think that would be enough.  I guess it is like everything else in life, you don't understand until you go through it yourself.  If it happens, it will just have to happen unplanned. I guess my list doesn't do a good job of justifying what I am waiting for...so what am I waiting for?  


 My adorable nephews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment