Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Review: Life As We Know It

I am going to kinda cheat today and count my action as watching a movie.  Since storytelling is my passion, engrossing myself in as many forms as possible as often as possible has to be a step forward.  It also allowed me to eat massive amounts of watermelon in celebration of Memorial Day.  

Finally a Katherine Heigl movie I enjoyed!  I picked it up at Blockbuster as a last resort.  I expected another disappointing romantic comedy, and alas they proved me wrong.  Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel had great chemistry. Their long-time best friends are married.  Heigl and Duhamel characters aren't shy about showing dislike for each other, but tolerate each other at all of the social gatherings.  Tragically both of their friends die in a car accident, unexpectedly leaving the two of them their baby girl Sophie.  Thrown into a life altering situation they first learn to work together and predictably falling in love.  Even though predictable, it leaves you with hope.  Life can change in an instant, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.  If you are considering giving it a chance go ahead and take the leap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment