Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

My Namesake

My childhood best friend named her little girl after me and I couldn't possibly more honored and excited.  I got the text that 'Katherine Melissa' was born at about 3am in the morning on Sept. 21st.  When I read the name at first, I thought it was a typo.  Being half way awake in the middle of the night, I next started brainstorming people they knew with my name.  Then it occurred to me it had to be me! It was not easy to fall asleep after the excitement. How did she possibly convince her husband.  First, I never imagined somebody would name their child after me and I also never knew how thrilled I'd be.  I've come to look at it as an accomplishment.  There are lots of things I was never very good at, like sports and school.  When I contemplate other careers I often fantasize about being a professional friend. Having and being a friend is one of my favorite things in life.  I've been more than blessed with super loving and caring friendships.  I hoped I was thought of as a good friend too, and this kinda proves it to myself. It is one of my favorite things to be aside from a wife and mom (two things I never really thought too much about until it happened).  Sept. 21st is going down as one of the top 5 most exciting days in this girls life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment