Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Salads require a fork


I stopped by Central Market to pick up a quick salad to bring back to the office. Central Market is a grocery store but it also has a cafe. 
"Can I have a fork?"
She hands me a plastic spoon. 
"Oh, this is a spoon, I need a fork please," I said.
"That is all we have.  You are going to have to adapt." Check-out lady replies.

I started laughing thinking this must be some kind of joke and quickly realized as she gazed at me with a straight face this was no joke to her.  It was a spoon or nothing. 
Adapt?  I am going to have to adapt to using a spoon instead of a fork for my salad?  Really?  I don't think so. I'm not in the wilderness or anything trying to adapt for survival.  This is Central Market in a very upscale suburb. I walked off in search of finding a fork in the store.  I quickly found one realizing check out lady was just being lazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment