Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall television is here!

I love the new fall television season.  My DVR is set to record all the new pilots, whether I am excited about them or not.  Glee returned last night I was disappointed with the direction Glee headed last season, but last night's episode gave me hope for this season.  It ended with a rendition of You Can't Stop the Beat from the musical Hairspray that had me on my feet dancing along.  One of the reasons I love this show is the message it continues to send to go after your dreams.  Anything is possible if you have the ambition and want it enough, anything is possible. 
 Here are some new shows I think are worth a watch.  The pilots definitely caught my interest.
Up All Night, NBC
Starring Will Arnett, Christina Applegate, and Maya Ruddolf
Will Arnett and Christina Applegate play new parents dealing with everyday life and a new baby.  Will is a stay at home Dad while Christina returned to her job as a producer for Maya Ruddolf's very popular talk show.  I'm fairly certain Maya Ruddolf's character is based off of Oprah Winfrey.  After all the failed sitcoms Will Arnett and Christina Applegate have tried in the past few years, I think they finally have found a hit.  The show is produced by Lorne Michaels, the man with the golden touch.  

New Girl, Fox
Starring Zooey Deschanel
This had the benefit of the Glee lead in, so I was still on a high from my solo dance party when this premiered.  I have a special place in my heart for Zooey Deschanel, so there is little she can do that I don't enjoy.  Her character is a corky single girl who just had a dramatic break-up.  Desperate for a new beginning, she moves finds 3 male roomates on Craigslist who quickly become like big brothers to her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment