Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Releasing MyInnerCheerleader at 30

 Home alone on a Thursday night while the Husband is at work, I cranked up the music and danced my heart out. Moving to and from the living room, to the bedroom and to the bathroom (dancing in front of the mirror really takes it up a level) I released MyInnerCheerleader.  My song of choice tonight was One Republic's Good Life.  As the sweat dripped down my face, I couldn't help but think of all of my blessings and how much I truly enjoy life.  Life has a tendency to throw crazy shit my way, but as I look back I realize all the bad eventually led to something good.  Dancing in front of the bathroom mirror it occurred to me once again that my dancing ritual has been going on for about 25 years.  As a  kid I assumed I would grow out of it and here I am at 30 dancing the night away home alone happy as can be.  Will I be doing this at 60 or even 90 I thought to myself?  And then my sign came.  As I threw my arms up for a cheerleader like move (well into my 4th or 5th replay of Good Life) I felt pain, lots of pain in my shoulder.  My dancing came to end for the night and I made my way to the couch.  I realized my body isn't it tip top dancing shape and if I plan on continuing this ritual (which I do plan on continuing) I better hit the yoga studio so I can be dancing at the old folks homes when I am old and gray. 


No comments:

Post a Comment