Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

How big do you like your burrito?

I opted out of cooking dinner last night and stopped by Freebirds burritos instead.  If you've never been inside a Freebirds, it is full of college aged cool kids with mostly friendly hippie types making your burrito.  My friendly hippie was named Apple, so she told me.  If you are wondering if this was Gwyneth Paltrow's child it was not.  Apparently she was not the first to think of using a fruit as a human name.  In between hearing me tell her what I want on my burritos, she attempts conversation with me with asking some of the following questions.  
"When is your birthday?" 
"December" I reply. 
"What are you going to do to celebrate?" she asks. 
"I am in my thirties.  Since it is July, I don't like to even think about December and turning a year older." I reply. 
"Oh.  My birthday was last week and I got a tattoo," She informs me.
I feel old.  
As she rings me up, she informs me of their frequent burrito buyer rewards program.  My ears perk up.  Hmmm, this could be an excuse to eat more burritos.  
"For every 20 burritos, you get a super monster burrito," she said.  


A super monster burrito is the biggest burrito I've ever seen.  Not sure who the guy is above holding a super monster burrito, but it gives a good indication of the seriousness of the burrito. Still feeling old from the birthday, tattoo conversation, I decide to through in a college story.  Maybe she'll think I just graduated. 
"In college, I ate a super burrito to impress a boy.  It didn't work.  Eating massive amounts of food is one of my many gifts.  The boy never asked me out.  I guess salsa breath and sour cream on your shirt isn't very attractive," I said laughing remembering the incident.  True story. 
She looks at me with disgust, handing me my burrito without even a good-bye. 
Walking out the door, I couldn't help but think of conquering another super monster burrito. 

No comments:

Post a Comment