Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Farwell Friend

It is my work best friend's last day at our company.  She is moving on to bigger and better things.  I couldn't be happier for her finding her happy ending.  The sadness is for myself.  I am sad not to walk into her office everyday to see her smiling face and sneak a chocolate twix from her candy jar.  I am sad not to have someone to listen to my stories and understand the way few do.  With close to a 20 year age difference between us, the friendship was unexpected.  I remember the announcement of her arrival like it was yesterday.  I was furious that I hadn't heard about it sooner and felt threatened.  In my effort to kill her with kindness, I found an unexpected lifetime friend.  Now onto making it through the days without her.  As hard as today was, I suspect tomorrow tortorous walking by her empty office.  My journey has blessed me with wonderful people to work with, and she comes close to topping the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment