Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Birthday countdown blues

This happens to me every year.  As my birthday approaches I start freaking out.  I get a tight feeling in my chest and frequent episodes of heavy breathing.  I will self-diagnose as some form of an anxiety attack.  Another year has passed and what do I have to show for it?  I am in the same job, in the same city, making little impact on the world.  Time is going by too fast and I have no control over it.   I am at the 2 week mark to reaching another birthday.  The strange part is the past few years of life I would categorize as the best.  Life has only gotten better with age.  I am more confidant, calm, peaceful and happy... so why the hell am I freaking out?!

2 comments:

  1. Deep breaths! You'll be alright. Use that as motivation to make each day count. As you said, things are only getting better. You'll be fine :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because getting older makes anybody freak out!

    Perhaps it's a fear of the unknown of aging. Like for me, I'm scared to die. I can't control when I die or what happens afterward, but thinking about dying makes me lose my breath. It's weird, but it happens, you know?

    As sub radar said, use that motivation to make each day more awesome than before.

    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete