Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Once I was cool, now I am happy.

I will NEVER drive a minivan. Can you hear your 15 year old self, 25 year old self etc say it?  Age really has nothing to do with considering a minivan.  I think it has more to do with having kids.  I think many people, even with a bundle of kids won't consider a minivan simply for the reputation.  With a 3 month old and a toddler, I now drive a minivan.  I adore this car.  Every single detail has been thought out and planned to make life easier for parents.  It drives like a luxury vehicle as my husband loves to say.  Oh the space!  There is so much space for everything including my double stroller! Yet, as we pulled out of the dealership I felt myself having a slight panic attack.  I. drive. a minivan.  It felt like I had handed over the tiny bit of youth I had been holding onto. As I drove into our neighborhood for the first time in the spanking new minivan inhaling the new car smell, I rolled down the window prepared to wave and honk at a neighbor.  Then as I approached, I rolled the window back up.  I wasn't ready to reveal my minivan self and let go of the ounce of youth remaining.  David Grohl drives a minivan and loves it.  That has to give me some cool points, right?  

As I pondered my youth, motherhood and being a wife it occurred to me.  Driving a minivan might not yet (or lets face it ever)  be perceived as cool, but this stage of life is awesome.  I finally feel comfortable in my own skin.  I am where I'm suppose to be.  My "cool" days were spent confused and trying to find myself. By the way I think only old people say "cool" now.  Anyways, I've decided to embrace my minivan days.  I'm oh so grateful that God blessed me with a minivan life.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment